Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Product Review: Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural for Women of Color Dry to Moisturized

Today I will be doing my first product review. The criteria I will use to evaluate all product(s) I talk about on my blog are "My 3 P's" Product - Price - Performance. In addition, I will tell you why I purchased the product(s), how I use the product(s), and my overall rating of the product(s) from a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the lowest (never, ever purchase again) and 5 being the highest (will definitely purchase again and recommend to others).

Pantene Pro-V
Relaxed & Natural for Women of Color 
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
 Dry to Moisturized
Why I purchasedIt's designed specifically for my hair type! I purchased the two items because I am a women of color and I have short, straight, color, and relaxed treated hair, which causes my hair to be dry. Plus, I have an issue with my hair being dry without treatments, so I needed a shampoo and conditioner that would help keep my hair moisturized and look nice and health at the same time. 


How I used this product: I wash my hair using the shampoo and conditioner 1x per week, with the exception of me going to the salon every 6th or 8th week.


ProductPantene Pro-V advertises that Pantene’s Relaxed & Natural Dry to Moisturized collection for Women of Color is enriched with moisturizing oils that nourish and help protect African-American hair and achieve a sleek style.


Price:
I purchased the two at Walmart
Shampoo 12.6 FL OZ-$3.78
Conditioner 12.6 FL OZ- $3.78


Performance:
Cleanses-It thoroughly washes out all oils, dandruff, sprays, etc. without striping my hair. It also lathers well
Protects my hair-My hair doesn't tear when I comb it after washing (while still wet)
Adds moisture-It doesn't dry my hair and it looks like moisturizer is in my hair (without me adding any)
Nice fragrance-It's not a bold fragrance. It's nice and soft not overpowering
Leaves my hair feeling soft- It really feels smooth

*One added bonus is that my hubby couldn't stop running his fingers through my hair and smelling my hair, which wasn't normal for me or him, but I liked it!


Rating:
Overall I would rate both items a 5. To begin, the packaging caught my attention. I purchased the two products in order to add moisture to my hair and protect my hair from the weather, relaxers, and colors. To be honest, price wouldn't have been an option to me based on its advertisement.  In a nutshell, the two products do what it advertises.

Thanks Pantene Pro-V

Disclaimer: I am not being compensated in any way for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment